This actually could have gone up eight weeks ago, but there was what I suppose is a traditional post-thesis crash. Which isn’t to say I didn’t get plenty of other things done (there’ll be a post on that in a minute), but it is to say that I’ve basically put off any thinking/work related to Banyan Speak since then.
It’s about time to get back to that. But first, to catch people up if they’ve been here on the blog and haven’t seen the work I’ve been doing.
I gave my final presentation on May 3. You can check that out right here (it’s about 20 minutes long):
If you’d like to take a look at the current draft of the paper I’ve got explaining the project, feel free to take a look at the most recent Google Document. The appendices, especially, need work and clean-up, but the core ideas are all in place.
Which means now it’s time to get back into things. I think the place to start is with the Dreamwidth people. They’ve got some very smart developers who have a strong understanding of community. They’ve also begun implementing some features that make some of the ideas behind Banyan Speak worth implementing on a strictly local level, which would mean getting to test out architecture and dealing with some user issues without having to worry about cross-site support.
We’ll see if I can manage to keep things more updated around here.